Oh Baby!

Oh Baby!
20 week ultrasound

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Busy weekend!

Thursday- we drove to Pittsburgh (3 hours) and stopped on the way to get our new phones. I was very unhappy with Verizon. Steve really wanted a Droid - but you have to pay $30 a month for the internet access for it! NO WAY! Then the lady showed us more phones - all of which you have to pay $10 a month to cover data transmission if you would use the internet. You didn’t have a choice, you HAD to pay that. Ridiculous! But we did end up getting phones that you didn’t need to pay for data transmission, thank goodness. Our cell phone bill is already $100 a month - no way was that going to go up. I think the lady thought I was a witch, but oh well. So, then we went to Chili’s for lunch and then headed out. I had my first BH contractions on that car ride - and none since then. I think it was because I hadn’t had as much to drink as I was used to. Anyway, we got to the hotel at about 3:30 - when we used to go to Pittsburgh a lot, we used to stay at the Hilton. Well, we are trying to be money-smart with the new house and all, so we chose a Quality Suites instead and just got a cheap room - only one night. When we got to the hotel and went to check in - they upgraded us to a Penthouse Suite! So exciting! So we had 2 floors, kitchen and everything! We hung out at the hotel for awhile and walked down to the pool. The hotel had a free shuttle to the ball game, so we took that (so much nicer than driving in the city!). I had forgotten how much fun it is to go. I had French fries and cheese for dinner - YUM! Not healthy, but YUM! We had an awesome time - it was so nice for it to be just us. And the little one kicked every time the crowd got loud at the ball game! So cute!

Friday - we got up and went to breakfast at the hotel and then watched some of the World Cup. We packed up and went to the Zoo!!! I love the Zoo!!! It was crowded, but we had plenty of time! We were there for 5 hours!!! I was so exhausted by the time we left. The Grizzly bear was in the water playing with his toy. The tiger roared. The gorilla thumped his chest - I’ve never seen one do that before - really cool! It sounds like a drum! We left the zoo and headed home. I fell asleep for a little bit, but not too long. We met my parents at Hoss’s for an early Father’s Day dinner at about 7:15. We went home and I was in bed by 10.

Saturday - we spent the day with the youth group - they stained our deck and then worked at the church on a flower garden. We saw an itty bitty baby deer! It came out of the woods all by itself and looked right at us. It wasn’t very afraid, but wouldn’t come too close. So very cute! We think it came from the neighbors’, they keep a buck and a doe as pets. Hopefully it found its way home. We spent the night at the church - I’m exhausted! Even with an air mattress, I didn’t sleep well, and we were up before 6. We went to church this morning and then I came home and slept from 12 to 3. I feel a little more rested, but it’s good to know I don’t have much to do this week…

My one bridesmaid is coming into town for Monday/Tuesday - so that's exciting! I haven't seen her in almost 3 years. We are just going to catch up and hang out at the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Pregnancy

Lilypie Maternity tickers